Increase Maximum Email Attachment Limit in Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail
Most of the popular free email service providers like Gmail, Yahoo Mail and Hotmail etc have a limit on the email attachment size on the file attachments you can send them. Gmail has a limit of 25 MB similarly Yahoo mail has a limit of 20 MB.
Here is what Gmail Help tell about the email attachment limit http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8770
With Gmail, you can send and receive messages up to 25 megabytes (MB) in size. Please note that you may not be able to send larger attachments to contacts who use other email services with smaller attachment limits. If your attachment bounces, you should invite them to Gmail.
Another issue is if a email service provider has email attachment limit like Gmail of 25 MB you cannot send emails to email service providers like Yahoo which support only lower file attachment limits of 20 MB. Large file attachments are treated as SPAM. One solution would be to use a program like WinRar or WinZip to compress the file and split the file into smaller sizes of 20 MB each and send it as separate emails, but this process is too tedious.
Use Free Online file storage to Increase the Maximum Email Attachment Limit
Upload to Google Docs
File uploaded to Google Docs cannot be larger than 1 GB.
You can upload one or multiple files to Google Docs. Here’s how:
- Click the Upload button on the Documents List homepage.
- There are two options for uploading your files to Google Docs: dragging them from your desktop or clicking the Select files to upload link.
- Pick a folder to which you’d like to upload the files (this is optional), you can also choose the privacy setting. Then click the Start upload button.
Dragging files directly from your desktop
Select one or more files from your computer and drag them to the dotted-line box. This option is available in recent versions of Chrome, FireFox and Safari only.
Clicking “Select files to upload”
Simply click the Select files to upload link that appears below the box.
When the Browse dialog is open, select the file you’d like to upload to Google Docs. To select multiple files, press Shift or Ctrl and click all the files to upload. If you first select one file and then decide to upload more, click the Select more files link that appears after you upload the first file. It’s not possible to upload folders at this time.
You can store the uploaded file as is, or convert it to Google Docs format so you can later edit it online and collaborate with others. If you wish to convert your items, make sure that option is selected.
You can also create Google documents from the text in PDF or image files using a technology called Optical Character Recognition (OCR). To do so, just make sure you select the option “Convert text from PDF or image files to Google Docs documents.” Check how to get the best results using OCR.
As you’re uploading files, you’ll see what percentage of the available space you’ve used. You can also access this information by clicking the Settings link at the top of the Docs list, and checking the Storage section of the page.
Upload to DropBox
Any file you save to Dropbox also instantly saves to your computers, phones, and the Dropbox website.
- 2GB of Dropbox for free, with subscriptions up to 100GB available.
- Your files are always available from the secure Dropbox website.
- Dropbox works with Windows, Mac, Linux, iPad, iPhone, Android and BlackBerry.
- Works even when offline. You always have your files, whether or not you have a connection.
- Dropbox transfers just the parts of a file that change (not the whole thing).
- Manually set bandwidth limits — Dropbox won’t hog your connection.
Upload to Box.NET
Box provides any business with:
Simple, intuitive content management
Box lets you store documents, media and all of your content online, so you can access, manage and share them from anywhere. Integrate Box with Google Apps and Salesforce. Access Box on mobile devices.
Secure online file sharing
Box makes file sharing and file transfers a snap. Share files with a link or as a shared folder with anyone – inside or outside your company. Set access permissions and get 256-bit SSL encryption.
Create an online workspace where you can share project files, manage files with version history, add comments, assign tasks, or create new content.
Other Online services.
- Live Mesh http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mesh-devices-sync-upgrade-ui/
- Wuala http://www.wuala.com/
- Syncplicity http://www.syncplicity.com/
- Sugar Sync https://www.sugarsync.com/
- Live Drive http://www.livedrive.com/