How To Restore And Recover Your Firefox Bookmarks
Today morning when I logged into my computer and started Firefox for some reason it crashed. This has happened to me a number of times since I open too many tabs. The unfortunate thing is that after the crash sometime your settings and bookmarks are lost. Fortunately unlike Firefox 1.5 you can recover your setting and Bookmarks in Firefox 2.0. Below I have listed the steps to recover your bookmarks in case they get lost or corrupted after a crash.
1. Browse and Navigate to the Hard disk where your Windows is Installed.
2. Then go to the following location C:\Documents and Settings\Jacob\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\
Where Jacob is the user name with which you log into windows.
3. Inside the Profiles folders you should see a single directory or multiple directories if you are using multiple Firefox Profiles.
Select your Default Firefox Directory.
4. Inside this Directory you will see a folder called “bookmarkbackups” go into this folder.
You will see a bunch of html Files name bookmarks and a date. These are the bookmarks that have been backup for the last five days by Firefox.
5. Select a file that is a day or two older than todays date.
For example today’s date is 2007-05-22 then select bookmarks-2007-05-21.html i.e a file which is a day older.Copy this file and rename it to bookmarks.html
6. Put this file in the main Default profile Directory and replace the old file.
i.e C:\Documents and Settings\Jacob\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\stzbt87m.default\
7. Start Firefox (Assuming that it was closed)