How To Delete History In Google Chrome
If you use google chrome as your primary browser or are using it in some internet cafe or on your friends computer you might want to clear and delete History In Google Chrome if you want to avoid people snooping of what you’ve been doing online.
Clear Your All Google Chrome Surfing, Browsing history
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar of Google Chrome.
- Select Tools option from the menu.
- Select Clear browsing data from the menu.
- In the dialog that appears, select the “Clear browsing history” checkbox.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data you want to delete. Select beginning of time to clear your entire browsing history.
- Click and check all the optionsClear browsing data, Clear download history, Empty the cache, Delete cookies and other site data, Clear saved passwords, Clear saved Autofill form data..
Following the above instruction the following information is removed when you clear your browsing history:
- Web addresses you’ve visited, listed on the History page
- Cached text of pages you’ve visited
- Snapshots of your most frequently visited pages on the New Tab page
- Any IP addresses pre-fetched from pages you’ve visited
- All the web searches that you’ve done.
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select History.
- Click Edit items on the blue bar at the top of the page.
- Select the checkboxes for the items you’d like to remove.
- Click Remove selected items.
- Click Done removing items on the blue bar at the top of the page to return to your normal view.
To prevent matches to your browsing history from appearing in the address bar, follow the steps above to clear your entire browsing history. You may also want to turn off the prediction service for the address bar if you don’t want Google Chrome to help complete the search terms and web addresses you’re typing in the address bar.
The New Tab page shows a list of your most visited sites. To remove a specific thumbnail, hover over an image with your mouse. Then click the “X” that appears in the top right corner of the frame. Thumbnails that you remove won’t show up on the page again. To reset the page to blank thumbnails, clear your entire browsing history.